Our sweet girl is 9 months old and I can't believe that I'm starting to plan her first birthday. This month has been so fun with milestone after milestone! Watching her grow and learn new things is such an amazing experience. I'm so thankful that I am able to stay home with her everyday and never miss a thing. What keeps it all in perspective for me on the rough days is I think of when I'm done raising babies and they are off making their own lives, I will wish I had them back to rock, chase around the house, grab from the dog food for the thousanth time and calm from a boo-boo meltdown. Emily is my entire life right now, and I wouldn't have it any other way. In the grand scheme of things, the chapter in life of raising babies is such a short one, and I'm thankful for every avocado in the hair/dog food eating/slobbery kiss/sticky fingers second ;)
I want to put a special note here about Danny. When you marry someone, you have an idea of the father they will be, but you really never know until it happens. The journey with Emily has not been an easy one, with her milk/soy allergies, reflux, screaming for 3 months, not sleeping, and then finally at 6 months a happy baby emerged. Danny has 100% been the rock of our family through it all. Nothing phases him. I truely believe that God groomed Danny to be an amazing husband, and if it's possible, an even more amazing father. He cherishes his time with her and the look on both of their faces when he walks in the door is PRICELESS......I wish I could decribe the joy! I see now why God chose us as Emily's parents and I feel so grateful that Danny is Emily's father. She could not have a better one!
Stats: She is about 19 pounds and in 12 month clothes. She has always been 3 months ahead in clothing. Her weight has definitely slowed down since 6 months, which is very typical of breastfed babies. She is still on the third snap setting on our BG diapers with a medium rise.
New stuff: Emily cut her second tooth at 8 months! So it was a little over a month from tooth 1 to tooth 2. She was VERY cranky and restless with this second one. She was up every couple of hours at night and did not want to nap during the day. Poor thing, I can't imagine how much that hurts :( She learned "uh oh" from my mom and it's SO cute! She says and imitates dada, baba, uh oh, fake cough, yelling, whisper da, da (dog), and even though her first word was Mama, she hasn't said it since that day....so we are still working on that one haha. She waved bye-bye to Nana for the first time! She now claps her hands, is crawling EVERYWHERE, pulling up on everything, getting back down easily, can get to sitting up in any position, gives kisses, is a LOT more cuddly, and she grabs onto me with her legs so I won't put her down (I secretly love this one), and she plays peek-a-boo with her blanket. She has such a feisty personality and she is definitely going to be the leader of a group....she likes things her way (is there an echo in here?!). She loves playing with her blocks, and I build a block tower and she loves to knock it down. She thinks brushing our teeth is hillarious! She has finally mastered laughing a lot and she does this new thing where she squishes up her face and "snorts" and breathes really fast.....it's SO funny!
Schedule: Or lack thereof. It is so foreign to me how some parents can get their kids on a schedule, or even how some kids will just put themselves on a schedule. Emily has never ever done the same thing at the same time everyday. Somedays she sleeps 10 hours at night, some 12, (never all together), sometimes needs a nap after an hour of being up, sometimes she's good for 4-5 hours. Sometimes she naps for 30 minutes, sometimes 1.5 hours....it's totally on her. I have never forced a schedule and we like it that way.....I'm very much a baby led type parent. We do have a routine though, so that helps :) Her routine as of this week is, short nap after 2-3 hours of being up in the morning, then awake for 3-4 hours, another short or long nap in the after noon and then up until bedtime at 9.
Eating: She is nursing every 3-4 hours during the day, and 1-2 times overnight (in a 12 hour night). She gets banana slices and puffs in the morning, and 2-3 oz of chunky purees and finger fruits at lunch, dinner is 4-5 ounces of food and it HAS to be at least 2 ounces of avocado.....the girl lives for avocado! We have tried goat milk yogurt, but she's not a big fan yet. I also bought her rice milk snacks and she loves them! She is taking it slow on the finger foods....she just doesn't really care to eat much.
Allergy: Emily still has her milk/soy protein allergy and reflux. I tried a doughnut for the first time and she did ok with it! I tried two the next weekend, and we think she had a problem with it. We are going to try again this weekend and see if we can find out of that was the culprit.
Sleep: Emily is getting better about sleeping. She now does stretches of 5-6 hours, then 3-5 hours, then 1-2 to finish up the night. A good night is a 5,5,2 night. I'm not rocking her for naps since she is done teething, and she naps with a bit of a fight (Doing things easy isn't her style ;) for about 30-45 minutes for her first nap, and 30 minutes-1.5 hours for her second nap.
Favorite things: Her activity table, jumperoo, Scout, blocks, move and crawl ball, her puffs (she's a puff queen), the dogs, water, drinking out of our cups, playing peek-a-boo.
I had a fabulous 1st Mother's Day with my sweet family. We made a family growth chart and spent the day hanging out together. Emily and Daddy gave me flowers and made me the sweetest card. I loved it!
My dear friend Alicia took Emily's 9 month pictures and they turned out BEAUTIFUL! Here's a few :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment