Saturday, March 2, 2013

Months 15-18 of Life with Emily

Emily is now a year and a half old. Just typing that is bittersweet. This time last year I started planning her first birthday party, so I guess I should start planning her second. But it feels like she just had one! *sigh* This is my absolute favorite stage. She is so much fun to be around and is an amazing communicator, so it's incredibly easy to talk to her, have her understand and respond back. I'm excited to blog about everything she is doing now, so I'll dive in!

Stats: 24 pounds, and in 18M clothes. She is on the third snap setting and highest rise on her cloth diapers. I don't know how tall she is, but she's a shorty :)

New stuff: Emily now has 13 teeth. She has all of her one year molars, four top, four bottom and one of her eye teeth just came through. I think she's working on the rest of those, too. At 13 months and at 17 months she had a complete vocab explosion. It happened overnight, and words she was not saying oen day, she was saying the next. At 13 months she had 23 words, at 14 months she had 41 words and by 18 months we are now at over 300 words. I've stopped counting because she will repeat anything we say and retains it. I'm pretty sure she's in line to replace Kelly Rippa ;) She knows all of her animals and the sounds they make. She also knows 90% of letters. She knows 6 colors and we are working on the rest. It's such a blessing for her to be able to ask for what she needs! I'm not a good mind reader, so this worked out ;) She is developmentally on track with a two year old. I like to say she gets her big brain from her daddy and her heart from me ;) Emily loves to swing and run around outside. She loves coloring, bubbles, stacking blocks, her iPad, playing kitchen, and sweeping with her broom. She is such a loving and affectionate little girl. She loves to read books. She says "tank you" (thank you) and "Bess you!" when we sneeze. She will say "suse me!" when she is trying to get through somewhere or if she toots. She says mammy (grammy), nana, tus-tin (Uncle Justin), Lessy (Lexi) and Skeek (Squeak).

Schedule: Em goes to bed at 8 and gets up at 7 for the day. She sleeps all night and has since 14.5 months. She is at one nap a day around noon and it ranges from 1-2 hours, typically.

Eating: Emily is still breastfeeding 3 times a day; Morning, at nap time and at bedtime. We LOVE this schedule and I don't see her weaning anytime soon. She's calling the shots with this one because it is a really good feeling to be able to still give her nutrition and strengthen her immune system. She has three meals a day with snacks in between. Breakfast is normally bananas, blueberries, cinnamon toast or pancakes. Lunch is turkey, ham, chicken nuggets, or meatballs with a fruit and veggie and maybe some crackers. Dinner is whatever we are having and she always gets avocado and mango with dinner.

Allergy: She has been able to tolerate dairy in my diet! We have been working on this for the past 4 months now and she is doing great. We are going to introduce dairy and strawberries in her diet slowly soon and see how it goes. We aren't in a big rush to do it because she doesn't need dairy and gets plenty of calcium through her diet and through me. Even when she is able to handle dairy, we will not be switching back to cows milk.....we prefer almond milk! Same with butter, we will continue to use our dairy free butter because it is so good. These things are so much healthier for our family!

Sleep: Emily goes to bed without a peep after nursing. She cuddles her sally seahorse, GiGi, and I put her blankey on her and she's out. She sleeps all night!

Favorite things: Being outside, swinging, sliding, bubbles, banana popsicles, playing kitchen, running to daddy when he gets home, playing basketball with daddy, pillow fights with mommy, snuggling, Finding Nemo, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, all animals, hugging the dogs and going to Grammy's.

Cute things: When she nurses, she strokes her hair with her arm over her head. Around 16 months, she would get a bit confused with words and say, "mommy! mommy! mommy! mommy!...............(I mean) Daddy!!" Or we would ask her something and she would say "No, no, no, no.........(I mean) yes!" We would always wait for the right word at the end :) One time at the store, we put a carton of blueberries in the front seat with Emily. All of a sudden, Danny and I started stepping on tiny round blue balls and saw them scatter EVERYWHERE. We looked at Em and she had busted them open and had a chimpmunk-ish mouthful of them! All we could do was laugh :)

That's all for now! I'm excited about the memories we have ahead with our sweet girl, and I'm blessed for the ones we have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment