Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Month 7 of Life with Emily

This is by FAR my favorite phase! It’s such a blessing to go from where we have been with Emily, to where we are now. She is happy, and only fusses when she is hungry, tired or bored. Compared to her 24/7 fussing that we have gone through, I’ll take this! She is such a joy in our lives and I could just watch her play for hours. Danny and I question all the time how we made this gorgeous and perfect baby girl. God sure knows what he is doing….I can’t imagine our lives being any different, and I can’t even remember life without our sweet baby. We are just so in love with her <3

Stats: Emily weighs about 18.5 pounds. She goes back to the Dr soon, so I’ll update with those stats.

New stuff: Emily can easily roll back and forth, and it’s how she gets around the house! She scoots on her tummy, but only backwards. We will find her backed into a corner pretty frequently. She can get up on all fours and rock back and forth….it’s only a matter of time before she takes off! She is SO social and loves smiling at everyone. She loves to smile big and then bury her head into my chest or shoulder to show that she is shy. She loves to say “Bah!” and lots of coos and talking. No words yet! She likes her toys, but loves mommy and daddy’s toys much better (keys, phones, glasses). She loves to pull hair! Nana bought her a tree swing and she LOVES it! She also loves her blocks and simple toys. She adores the dogs…I wish they would play with her! Emily loves to be outside and will instantly light up if we are out there. She can sit up completely unassisted and loves sitting in the cart basket when we are shopping. She has the most beautiful blue eyes….I thought they would change to green by now, but they haven’t. She also has a ton of blonde hair coming in. She saw the Easter bunny and did WONDERFUL! She loved her and kept trying to chew on her furry hands. Danny was not shocked at all that she did great. The photographer kept saying how many parents would love our smiley pictures. She's such a social butterfly.

Eating: She is eating every 3 hours, which is pretty normal. She nurses for about 5-6 minutes…..efficient little thing! We have continued with solids and at 7 months she is now getting lunch and dinner, 2 ounces each, one fruit and one veggie. We have done green beans (thought they were ok), apples (LOVES!), and carrots (still undecided). I’m making all of her food still and buying organic! I’m going to make a blog about how easy it is to make baby food. I seriously love it! She officially has a tooth and it came in at 7 months and 5 days old. It’s so cute, but we are going to miss those gummy smiles! She was just a little fussy during the day, but at night she had a rough time. She also ran a low grade fever….poor baby :(

Allergy: No new news on this. She still has her dairy and soy allergy and reflux. She is still on her prevacid and will be for a while longer.

Sleeping: We have done some sleep training and I’m excited to say that she is sleeping much better! On a good night she has a 6 hour stretch, and then a 3 or 4, and then another 3. I’m still feeding her twice over a 12 hour night. She doesn’t need to eat, but we are weaning slowly. She is now in her crib and she loves it. She loves being able to move around to get comfy.

Favorite things, month 7: her infant playmat (she loves this thing now better than when she was really little!), galt playnest, sophie, blocks, scout, stroller, ergo carrier, gigi (lovey), stackable rings, jumperoo.






1 comment:

  1. She is such a doll Brit! And I'm glad to hear that the fussiness & sleep deprivation stage are finally over. Yay Emmy! BTW, that last picture in the purple dress is to.die.for.

    ReplyDelete