Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Month 8 of Life with Emily

Well, our baby girl is mobile! She’s cruising everywhere and it’s so fun to watch her explore. Some traits that she has are: independent, curious, super coordinated, extremely observant, strong willed, cautious, drama queen (she exaggerates her moods), a complete ham, loving and happy. We feel so blessed to be Emily’s parents. At night when I’m nursing and rocking her to sleep, sometimes I just cry and thank God that he made her for me. She’s so perfect and I don’t deserve her. I pray that I can be the BEST mom I can be to her. She deserves everything in the world. I try to cherish every second because they are flying by way too fast. Now don’t get me wrong, it’s HARD to be a parent. But nothing worthwhile is easy! You are my world Emily Grace and I’m so thankful I get to watch you grow up.
Stats: 18lbs 6 oz (71st percentile), 27 inches long (63rd percentile), and 18 inches (97th percentile, HA!) for head circumference. She is in 9 and 9-12 month clothing. She is on the third snap setting on our BumGenius diapers and the rise is medium.

New stuff: More and more milestones! Just in the past week (around 7.5 months) she started crawling (to the remote during a Rangers game <3), sitting up from a crawling position, rolling over go get in a crawling position to sit up, saying Mama, baba and her favorite Dada! She loves to crawl to her toys and sits there to play with them. She is incredibly independent and crawling has made her even more so. She absolutely LOVES the dogs and will crawl to them but as soon as she gets near them, they take off. Emily loves crawling to the kitchen and getting into the dog water…she’s a water baby! We put her in her baby pool for the first time this weekend and she loved it! Her friend Barrett joined her in a swim and it was adorable watching them play together. Still just her one tooth that she got right around 7 months….I thought for sure she’d have another one by now, but nope! I am also so excited that I can now put bows in her hair without a headband! But only little ones though….she’s too cute to hide behind huge obnoxious bows ;)

Eating: She is nursing every 3 hours during the day, and waking up twice to eat at night. She is getting a few organic puffs and some banana slices in the mornings, and 2-3 ounces of fruits and veggies for lunch and dinner. We started solids at 5.5 months and it took her two whole months to really come around to solids. She did not care much about them before, but she likes them now! Foods she loves: Bananas, apples, avocado, carrots, sweet potatoes, yellow squash, mango, plums, pears. Foods she hates: Green beans and peas….no greens for our sweetheart! We are about to try kiwi, broccoli and cauliflower next. I’m still making all of her baby food and buying organic. Honestly, I haven’t even cracked open a jar of baby food, crazy right? I thoroughly enjoy making all of it and learning about the fruits and veggies that I am not too familiar with. I am 100% completely against giving her food and drinks with added sugar. We will be doing no juice, cookies or any junk foods. Her first taste of sugar will be on her cake at her first birthday. I want her to have a healthy start and association with food, and there’s no room for empty calories in her diet :)

Allergy: No new news. She still has her dairy and soy allergies and is still on prevacid. We tried to wean her off of it, but it was a complete disaster, so we won’t be trying that again anytime soon.

Sleep: Emily is doing fairly good overnight. She now only wakes up 5-6 hours into bedtime, and then every 3 hours after that until time to get up. She sleeps from about 8:30PM-8:30AM. She nurses twice overnight. She still takes 3-30 minute naps a day and once in a blue moon will throw in an hour nap.

Favorite things: Scout, blocks, Gigi (lovey), jumperoo, stroller, iphone, Tupperware, remotes, daddy’s patches on his flightsuit and the dogs.

I'll get some new pictures on here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment