Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Month 12 of Life with Emily


12 months have come and gone. How did it happen so quickly? I remember her being a week old and talking to my best friend about when her daughter was 8 weeks old. I thought to myself we would NEVER get to 8 weeks old. It's so funny how time works.....it seems as though we brought her home yesterday, but then it seems like she has been here forever. It has been one amazing journey and I'm excited to write my next blog to re-cap her first year. I absolutely LOVE this age. She is incredibly sweet, loving, cuddily, funny and such an explorer. I could have 10 kids just like her right now ;) Now, on to her 12 month stats!

Stats: 21 pounds. 12M clothes and starting to fit into 18M. On the 3rd snap setting on our cloth diapers with a medium rise.

New Stuff: Emily now has 6 teeth! She got two of them within a week of each other. She is all over the map with walking and walking FAST. She is super coordianted and suprises me with how steady she is. If she does fall, she pops right back up and keeps going. She can say cat, dog, woof, meow, dada, hi, and lots of other babble words. She signs milk everytime she is hungry and it is ADORABLE! We are working on signs for "more" and "all done." I let her watch 1-2 shows a day, and her favorite is when a band comes on Nick jr. called the Fresh Beat Band. They have a song call reach for the stars and she goes CRAZY over it! She will stop in her tracks to go watch it. There's a part in there where they pick up balls and she will grab her ball and sway with it. It is the most precious thing and we have gotten it on video many times! She gives kisses and hugs and if she puts something bad in her mouth we say, "spit it out!" and she will spit it in our hands. When she is getting into something she isn't supposed to, we will start walking over towards her and she points to us like, "I know you are coming to get me!" She is waving all the time. She knows "Let's read a book" and "pick out a book" and she will bring me one. She points at anything and everything she wants to see/have. She knows all of her toys by name. She plays peek a boo all the time. We bought her first pair of shoes from Stride Rite! She did not like them at first, but likes them now.

Schedule: Right now she gets up around 7 and naps for about an hour after 3 hours up. She's then up for another 3-4 hours and takes another hour nap. She's in bed around 8:30.

Eating: I officially know what it's like to breastfeed a toddler! YAY! We made it to my original goal of 12 months and there's no stopping now. I will go until she is ready to stop. She eats about every 2-3 hours now. She is still not a big solids eater and would prefer to nurse. I sit her down for 3 meals a day and snacks, but she just grazes. Her fave food right now is chicken.

Allergy: She still has her milk protein allergy, but we are pretty sure she has outgrown her soy allergy. Every now and then she will have a fussy day and I question if it's the soy. She's still on just half a tab of Prevacid and we are thinking about trying to wean her off of that soon.

UTI/Kidney situation: Emily has not gotten another one, praise God!

Sleep: Emily is doing a lot better with sleeping. She is doing one long stretch of 6-9 hours and then another 1-3. She also slept through the night for 9 hours four days after she turned a year old! For her naps, I lay her down and she goes right to sleep 99% of the time. If she fights it, I just let her work it out and she goes right to sleep. She has come SO SO far. I literally walk in there, give her a paci that she gladly takes, turn on her sound machine, and she reaches for the bed. It's amazing. Only took 12 months, right?! ;)

Favorite things: Anything with water, purple ball, Fresh Beat Band, books, Rufus, cactus magnet (ha!), water table, playhouse.



No comments:

Post a Comment