Thursday, February 4, 2010

You're never too old to sit in mom's lap

A couple weeks ago, our dog, Squeaky, became very sick. He was up all night going to the bathroom and throwing up. I was up all night taking care of him and praying that he would get better. The next day, my mom, Danny and I took him to the emergency vet because he started throwing up some blood. Needless to say we were terrified. They ran all kinds of tests and everything came back normal. They gave him some liquids because he was dehydrated, and some anti-biotics, and sent us home. He almost instantly began feeling better!! We fed him a bland diet of boiled chicken, and twice a day I would give him his anti-biotic. We are so excited to report that he is 100% better! We still have no idea what caused his sickness though.

Through all of this, it really made me think about what I would do if I ever lost him. He is our baby, and the love of our lives. I just kept thinking that I wish it had been me who was sick instead of him. He's such a little trooper though, not once did he cry, and every time I put him down he would come running to me for me to hold him.......much like my momma held me when I was crying in the waiting room.


I'm going to enjoy every second with him. His Grammy and I are taking him to get groomed this weekend....so I'll post pictures of how cute he is later, but for now, here is one of him on our newly washed sheets :)


No comments:

Post a Comment