Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Asking for prayers

Hello All! I wanted to update everyone on what is going on with our sweet girl and ask for you to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Two weeks ago, Danny and I found a few spots of blood in Emily's diaper. We called the pediatrician and went in to see her the next day. Emmy had an xray done and it showed an enlarged bowel, which could have been caused by her being so upset about the xray. The pedi ruled out almost everything else because Emmy is gaining weight and thriving SO well. She thinks it's a milk protein allergy which is something that they grow out of by 1-2 years and it is not a lactose intolerance. Just the dairy in my diet is causing problems for her, and causing the blood in her stool. So, 8 days ago I cut out ALL dairy from my diet. We are still seeing the blood in her diapers every now and then, but I've read it can take up to 2 weeks for the diary to get out of our systems.

At this point, if my diet does not clear it up, my pedi wants me to stop breastfeeding her and switch to a prescription formula. Danny and I are devistated at the thought of this because we feel VERY strongly about breastfeeding. I also feel that if the dairy free diet does not clear it up, something else must be wrong.

So, Danny and I are asking for prayers for our little girl. We pray that this diet clears everything up for her....we will know in a week I guess. Thank you all for your support!

1 comment:

  1. Ill definitely be praying for her and you both! I hope that it all turns out just fine and you can continue BFing. Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete