Last update was week 8 so this will cover weeks 9-13. Emily is in such a fun stage right now. She's pretty much out of her "fussy for no reason" stage, and only cries when she is hungry or tired. Up until a couple weeks ago, she would still scream every night no matter what we did. It was incredibly hard and most nights we wanted to pull our hair out. We would just hold her and rock her and let her know we were right there for her. When she would calm down, I would run and take my bath and almost everytime she would have a meltdown while I was doing that. Poor Danny, I felt so bad. She also regressed in sleep for about a month and she was getting up every three hours. Around week 11.5, she really regressed and was getting up every single hour for a week. I'm pretty sure it was the 12 week growth spurt. Just in the past two days she has had one 4.75 hour stretch, and waking up every 2-3 hours after that. I can handle that :)
The 12 week growth spurt was the most obvious one so far in terms of development. Danny was skeptical about growth spurts, but even he saw a huge difference with this one. She wanted to eat every 2-2.5 hours or so and wouldn't sleep very well. The day she turned 12 weeks, we noticed she was closer to a laugh than ever before. She also noticed her feet when she kicked them up in the air. She also fell asleep in bed with me for 3 hours! She'd never done that before. Now, here's the exciting one, she actually fell asleep outside of her little routine of swaddle, rocking, paci. She would NEVER do that before. We went to visit Danny's mom, and I knew she was tired, so I comfort-nursed her and she passed out in my arms. It's like she finally understood that it was ok to fall asleep, and that she needed a nap. (You know, like 'normal' babies ;) We were shocked when she did it twice there! On the ride home she fell asleep again, and normally when the car stops, or we set her down in the house in her carseat, she's up. Not this time.....she stayed passed out in the car seat, so I gently took her out and put her in bed with her daddy so they could nap....and they did! We were shocked. We are starting to see many signs of her calming down from the world around her.
She is still getting 2-3 naps in a day, around 1-1.5 hours each. She can stay up a lot more now without getting tired. She used to only stay up 30 minutes after she would eat before she got fussy and needed a nap. Now it's more like an hour. Bedtime routine of bath, swaddle, nurse starts around 10 and she goes down around 11. She will get up for the day around 10AM.
She is smiling SO much and she loves to "talk." She loves to say "ah-boo" and blow spit bubbles. I sware this kid is teething with the amount of drool she has :)
For the past 3 weeks now, I have been fighting a clogged milk duct and mastitis. It's the most horrible pain I have ever experienced. And yes, I birthed Emily naturally....it's that bad. Just when I get through the initial pain of nursing, I'm hit with this :( When we were visiting my mom for Thanksgiving, the mastitis hit me like a freight train and I spiked a 101.6 fever. I thought I was going to die. One minute fine, the next on my death bed. I was shaking, nautious, and my boob was on fire. Danny took me to the urgent care and I got on antibiotics. I felt better within 12 hours, but the nursing and burning pain is still there. Ugh, I may have to go back to the Dr. The antibiotics really messed up Emmy's tummy, so I don't want to keep taking them :(
For the past month now, Emily has had blood in her diapers. 1-2 every other day or so. The pedi said it was a milk protein allergy, so I gave up all dairy and have been dairy free for 31 days. I lost 7 pounds because of it, ugh. It's not making any difference in the blood in her diapers, so it's not a milk protein allergy. We go back to the pedi today, so I'm going to get some answers. I refuse to give up breastfeeding. It is the best thing for her and it's the easiest digested out of everything I could give her. I'm not going to give it up on a "oh maybe this will work." We've made it this far, there's no stopping us now unless they can PROVE to me my milk is causing her problems. It's refreshing that my husband and family back me up completely on this!
Must have items for month 3: swing, boppy, paci, swaddle, playmat, rattles (she LOVES them!), rock and play sleeper, rocker, sally seahorse, itzbeen timer, and gas drops.
Emmy had her first Thanksgiving! It went well for the first part of the day, but then she just got really tired and overstimulated towards the end. We visited Danny's dad's side of the family, his mom's, and my mom's side. It was fun and tireing :)
That's it for now.....I'll leave you with the cutest little turkey ever!

No comments:
Post a Comment