-12 pounds 4 ounces; in the 96th percentile for weight
-22.5 inches long; in the 63rd percentile for length
-16 inch head; in the 90th percentile (Danny says big heads=big brains) :)
She is HUGE and the size of an average 4 month old. She is wearing 3-6 month clothes already. I've packed away all of her newborn stuff and 0-3 month clothes :( She sure wasn't little for long! We are finally in cloth diapers now and I love them. They are so fun and soft on her little skin.
She is smiling and cooing a lot! We will get a giggle once in awhile and it melts our hearts. During the day she takes about 3 naps and they last from 30 minutes-2 hours. She is eating mostly every 3 hours. She regressed on her awesome sleeping habits though, and for the past few nights she has barely made it to 3 hours at a time. I think maybe she's going through her 2 month growth spurt because she just seems to be a little off.....more fussy, more tired but only falling asleep for a little bit. She has grown to not really care for her swing which makes me sad. She also doesn't like "bouncy time" with Daddy anymore, which makes him sad. Hopefully she will start to like these things again!
Must have items for month two: Bouncer, miracle blanket, boppy, rock and play sleeper, paci, itsbeen timer, recliner, and our new favorite thing is the Fisher Price Seahorse. It glows and plays music and puts her to sleep without a fight (most of the time ;)
It was Emmy's first halloween on her 2 month birthday! We handed out candy to the kids and took her on her first stroller ride. She fussed a little, but went right to sleep. We also went to a pumpkin patch in New Braunfels with Grammy! Emily dressed up as a pumpkin and we took some really cute pictures of her. It's crazy to think next halloween she will be 14 months old!
Emily had tiny bits of blood in 3 of her diapers, so we took her to the pedi. Many things were ruled out because she is acting fine, gaining weight like crazy, and thriving. The only conclusion the pedi had was a milk protein allergy. It's somewhat common and they outgrow it by 1 or 2 years of age. This is different from being lactose intolerant because it's just the milk protein that gives her problems. So, I have to cut out ALL dairy from my diet to help her. It's going to be rough, but I'm giving it my all because I refuse to stop breastfeeding now. It's what's best for my baby, and it's what I'm going to do!
Danny and I are doing good, just enjoying playing with our little girl. We love how she "talks" to us and smiles.....makes everything worthwhile :) I'll leave you with some cute pictures!

No comments:
Post a Comment