Friday, June 24, 2011

What's in a name?

I've been asked a lot where Emily's name comes from. It's not a family name, which was the opposite of the boy name we had picked out. I just fell in LOVE with the name Emily, but when I told it to Danny he said it was too popular. I'll give him that, but it's not too popular among babies right now, and more our generation and way before that. So, over the next few weeks I kept saying it to him and finally one night he said, "You know, I really like Emily.....I think that's it!" I was SO excited! I knew we wanted something very classic....something that our grandmother's would recognize. I also knew I did NOT want something that was "unique" or spelled really weird.....there's a lot of those out there right now. I always knew my mom spelled my name the right way, so I wanted that for my daughter, too. From very early on I wanted her middle name to be Grace if it was a girl because of God's grace that I felt after I thought I lost her, and I heard her heartbeat for the first time. So then became her name, Emily Grace :)

I had this sign custom made for her room. It is so very special to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment