Thursday, September 15, 2011

Life with Emily-Week 2

Emily is two weeks old! We had her two week checkup and she has gained 13 ounces in a WEEK! So that means almost a pound in 2 weeks....she now weighs 8lbs 6 oz. WOW, I was shocked that she is gaining so quickly, especially because I thought maybe I wasn't making enough for her. She was in the 80th percentile for weight. Her head grew a little too. The Dr. said she looked great and we will see her again at her 2 month checkup....that seems FOREVER away, haha.

Emmy's umbilical cord fell off on day 13 of her life, YAY! So now she can take regular baths instead of sponge baths. We video taped a bath....she screamed the whole time. She will grow to like them I think, but not yet ;)

She is eating on average every 2 hours around the clock. There may be a spurt of a 3 hour stretch here or there, but mainly every 2 hours.

She had her 10 day growth spurt on day 10 of her life. I had NO idea what was going on....she wanted to eat constantly, like every 20-40 minutes and was up ALL day. Danny and I were losing our minds! She finally fell asleep at 11PM and slept for 7 HOURS! I fed her again at 6AM and she went back to bed for another 3 hours. It was glorious. Some people say to never let them go longer than 4-5 hours a night without eating, but since I feed on demand, and she is WELL past her birth weight, I see no problem letting her sleep that long if she needs to.

That's about all that has been happening with our nugget the past week, so I'll leave you with the cutest smile ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment