Just going back and reading my mommy blog from week 2......I feel like we have come SO far. Did I scare anyone else out there?! I scared myself, my husband, my mom and my best friend, that's for sure haha. Well, maybe not my best friend, because she had the SAME exact feelings and emotions that I did. Anyways, I'm very happy to report that the "hormones from hell" have completely subsided and I'm feeling back to myself again. It did take about 3 weeks for this to happen though. I can finally enjoy being a mommy and love on my little girl (without tears dripping on her little head) the way I always wanted to, and I'm SO excited about that!
Breastfeeding is going well! Emmy is thriving and is now 10 pounds. It still hurts when she latches on, but it's getting better. Everyone says the pain will go away around 4-7 weeks, so I'm on the home stretch! I have stopped pumping in the morning, because I already have 80oz of breastmilk saved up, and that's enough for at least 2-3 days of feeding for Em. I won't be leaving her for longer than that in a while. I've breastfed a few times in public now, covered up of course, and I feel much more confident about it. If anyone ever gives me crap or a dirty look for feeding my daughter, I WILL flip out on them. Haha, speaking of flipping out.....if you know my mom, she is 5 foot nothing and the sweetest person you will ever meet. She's soft spoken and will do anything for anyone. I remember as a kid, if someone did something that was wrong, or wasn't nice, my mom would get into "mommy mode" and FLIP out on them. Like, Justin and I would want to hide because we felt bad for the person she was flipping out on. Now, I COMPLETELY see how I am the same way. If anyone does anything mean or unfair to Emmy, I would lose it. So, sorry mom if I ever gave you crap about that! :)
For the past week and a half, Emmy has had severe tummy and gas problems. She bears down and grunts and screams in pain when she can't get it out. It's been rough. I've cut out dairy in my diet and that really seems to be helping her!
My recovery is still going good! The bleeding has almost completely stopped. I've lost all of the pregnancy weight and even 3 pounds more. Yay breastfeeding, haha
Danny and I are going into SA in mid-october for us to see family and go to the UT game! We are so excited for her first trip and to go to our first game of the season. My mom is going to watch Emmy, and I know they will both love that! She's the only one besides Danny and I who know Emmy's patterns right now and my mom is SO great with her, so I won't be a nervous wreck :)
I've had Danny or my mom here helping me for the first month of her life. My mom leaves on Sunday, and I'm terrified of being alone with Emmy. I know I can do it, but it's going to be so hard :(I'm just going to take each hour as it comes and pray. We will see how it goes.....pray for me ya'll ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment