Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Week 5 of Life with Emily

Hello all! Week 5 was an eventful week :) Emily is doing so many new fun things! She focused in on the lights above her playmat for the first time. She loves watching them and listening to the songs it plays. She also really recognised me and my voice for the first time! She follows me with her eyes around the room....I love it! She is really starting to smile now, and she giggles when she is about to fall asleep. It's so adorable! She's making all kinds of cute sounds now and really finding her voice! She is starting to like her baths, too, so that's fun :)

She is still eating every 2 hours. She has pushed a few of her feedings out to 2.5-3 hours, but it's still mostly 2 hours. At night, after she eats around 10-11, she will have one long stretch of 4-5 hours of sleep. Then after that, it's back to every 2 hours. So I have to get the bulk of my sleep in during her long stretch. She does pretty good at night. She wakes up to nurse and then goes right back to sleep. Sometimes it takes me a little bit to get her to fall back asleep though.

During the day when she is awake, she plays on her playmat, I talk and sing to her, we look at black and white stimulation cards, she loves to swing, and she now likes her vibrating bouncy chair. She LOVES watching sports with Daddy. She likes car rides, but only if the car is moving and her country music is on, as soon as it stops, she's fussy. She loves having "bouncy time" with Danny; he literally holds her up and bounces her up and down with his arms....she calms down and falls asleep almost instantly! That's really about all you can do with a 5 week old haha

We are still battling with her tummy problems. She gets fussy fairly easy when she has gas or has to poop. It hurts me to see her struggling so hard to get it out. At night, she will wake herself up with the pain. I'm trying to cut things out of my diet to help her because I refuse to quit breastfeeding now. I have made it through the hard part of breastfeeding! Thank the Lord. She is such a great feeder, she can go from getting a bottle of breastmilk, to paci, right back to me and have no confusion.

Right now she is sleeping about 6 hours a day, in 30 min-2 hour increments, and about 7-8 hours at night. We are trying to find a routine, but I know that won't come around for a little while longer :)

Things that we can't live without-Month One: miracle blanket, NUK pacis, swing, rock and play sleeper, burp cloths, colic calm gripe water, itzbeen timer, recliner/rocker, boppy, and iPhone (I play on it while I'm feeding her, haha).

I'm going to add in my "MommyBlog" part here: We are getting much more into a groove now, and I'm thankful we have seem to made it past the hard part. Danny is so wonderful and helps me as much as possible with her. He loves coming home and holding her, even if she is screaming. I love seeing how sweet he is with her! I'm doing good this week; survived my first week alone with Emmy. It was honestly a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Maybe I am getting the hang of this mommy thing?! ;)



Emmy's one month old!

No comments:

Post a Comment