Saturday, October 1, 2011

Weeks 3 & 4 of Life with Emily

I've been slacking on my blog posts....little girl is keeping me busy! My God send of a mother has been here the past 2 weeks helping Danny and I with Emily. I literally would have gone nuts without her here because Emily has been fighting a LOT of tummy/gas problems and she has been really fussy. She will literally scream out in pain because her tummy hurts and it breaks my heart. I have cut out almost all diary in my diet, and it seems to be helping! We took her to the pedi and she said she can see nothing physically wrong with her, so it is very much in the realm of normal infant gas problems. We are trying an all natural gripe water and that seems to help some. We will see what next week brings!


Emily is 10 pounds! She is gaining weight like crazy and I'm so thankful. Right now she is eating every 2 hours and the past couple of days is starting to stretch them out to 2.3-3 hours. At night she will go 3-5 hour stretches, so that's nice! I'm still camped out on the couch because she only likes to sleep in her swing. We are going to have to dive in and break this habit because mommy misses her bed and sleeping next to daddy. Danny has been so wonderful with her. He is the type of father who WANTS to be at home even if she is screaming her head off. He loves coming home for lunch sometimes just to see us. I love seeing him with her!


Besides her getting huge, she is making so many cute noises now. She has her "fake cough" that she does when she is getting hungry. Just today we caught her sucking on her thumb! She has giggled a few times in her sleep and it's SO adorable. She's getting a lot more hair, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be blonde!


I think that's it for now, happy ONE month baby girl! You are our entire world :)





No comments:

Post a Comment