10 days. 10 days until my due date. In a week and a half Danny and I will be responsible for a little living person. She will be with us 24/7 and living in our house. 9 months ago she wasn't there, and now she is! Can you tell we are nervous first time parents? ;)
Emily was very much a planned baby, and we knew we were ready to be parents. My entire pregnancy has been SUCH a blessing and even at 38 weeks along, I LOVE being pregnant. I have been on cloud 9 for the past 9 months. Minimal worries and all complete bliss knowing our journey was leading us to one of the greatest gifts that the Lord could give us. Her birthday has always seemed so far away.....6 more months, 4 more months, but now.....10 days. I'm hoping it's pretty normal for first time parents to feel really nervous and anxious at this point, because we definitely are. For the past 8.5 years it has been just Danny and I. We go and do whatever we want, when we want and don't think twice about it. That's all about to change. I know in my heart once she gets here we will never even think about how it was before her. She is our miracle that we prayed for for so long. Never-the-less, it IS still scary to us to think life is going to be so different.
I also am scared about being a good mother. I put SO much pressure on myself about having the birth I think is best for her, breastfeeding, and knowing that every single decision I make will affect my baby girl and who she becomes. I am very stubborn and only want the best for her. I know in my heart I will be disappointed in myself if I don't have the birth I wish for, or have trouble with breastfeeding. Both of our mother's had no problems breastfeeding, so I shouldn't either, right? I KNOW that's not how it works, but society and other people don't understand the struggles unless they have been there.
Through all of these worries and concerns, just like I did when we were trying to conceive, I am giving it all to God. He knows my heart and that I have every intention to give these things my all. I know he will be walking beside me in my struggles. I know in our time of doubt he will lift Danny and I up and help us get through.
So this is my prayer, and I pray that those that support us will keep us in their prayers, too! Lord, I believe we can do this and I give all of my worries and doubt to you. You have never given us more than we can handle, and we are ready to be the best parents we can be with your guidance. Please walk along with us, and help us see light in our trying times. We are thankful for this blessing you have given us, and I re-state my promise to you that if you gave us a baby, we would raise it in your Grace. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You will be great Brit! Honestly, even my hubby (who has never really been around babies AT ALL) took to parenting like a fish to water. It's okay to be nervous & to have doubts about your abilities. A lot of it really is instinctual & no one is going to know if you don't do something exactly right the first time. It's all about learning for all of you, including Emily. She'll only have one mommy & daddy & she'll think you guys are the best. Isn't her opinion the only one that really matter anyways? =)
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for you. But, please don't put to much pressure on yourself! My labor and delivery was so NOT how I wanted it, the hospital stay was a nightmare, and I never was able to breastfeed... I was hooked up to a breast pump for 7 months for about 4 hours/day until I finally realized this wasn't helpful for me and my baby, it was causing me anxiety and frustration because she wouldn't nurse. No matter what just love your baby, that's what she needs! -Erica
ReplyDelete